Wednesday, February 11, 2009

sha lala

Classes are going well....they're hard...but they told me if its hard it means I'm in the right level...if it were easy I wouldn't learn anything. I'm taking a lot of classes (electives too)--including 2 theatre classes (in one we talk about samual beckett and the other we're actually doing a show--how cool is that?!?) as well as a history class. My profs are okay...some harder than others. The class length is what kills me...2 and 3 hour classes. and we only get a break if our prof smokes and needs a ciggarette.

The whole not having internet thing is very frustrating because I'm in class all day and then don't have the energy to come back and do real life things (which is why its taking me so long to respond to e-mails, everyone)

My friends are good and i get to talk to Liz almost every day so that's nice..yesterday we had a mini metaphysical with each other ( I had the suggestion of strep and her apartment at home caught fire (everyone and everythings ok)) and i came across this nifty passage in the lesson this week:

Citizens of the world, accept the “glorious
liberty of the children of God,” and be free! This
is your divine right. The illusion of material sense, not
divine law, has bound you, entangled your free limbs,
crippled your capacities, enfeebled your body, and de-
faced the tablet of your being.

and it worked so well for us both--its so nice to have her so close.

I miss my friends and Kaydee ladies a ton--but the kids i met here are awesome. we're having a good time together--i think we're FINALLY going to make it to paris this weekend..it will be nice to get out of Dijon for a few days.

oh crap. class starts soon.

GRAND BISOUS A TOUS

No comments:

Post a Comment