Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Paris






So I ended up spending the weekend in Paris...St. Valentines day in Paris...how clichee! but How many times am I going to be able to say I did that?? Hehe

Friday night we went to our first match du football.. It was Dijon contre Boulougne (another french team ranked higher) and we won 1-0! It was really fun and since the french love to give students discounts it was only 2 euro 50 to get in.

Saturday morning we jumped on a 630 train and headed to Paris. It was me, Bethany, Camille and Brandon...we ran around all day and did the whole free walking tour thing...then in the afternoon we avons marche sourtout le tour eiffel....

At night we met up with some people we met earlier and hung out in the latin quarter...we ended up at a Scottish pub because there was a big rugby game contre scotland so everyone was there watching it. We met some really nice boys in kilts who spoke with heart melting accents :)

We headed back to our hostel, slept in a bit, and continued on sunday with galavanting around paris. We went to the catacombs and the musee d'orsay. I got to see my favorite work of art--La petite danseuse par Edgar Degas! We eventually made it to the train station, and on the 1h45 train ride all did our homework only stopping to ask another how to conjugate certain verbes.

I'm feeling a little better...still no voice which is getting increasingly frustrating because its already hard enough to communicate here!! But I expect a full recovery by the time I post this :)

1 comment:

  1. I <3 Degas.....especially La petite danseuse...I remember seeing it at the D'Orsay and loving it. miss you and Paris.

    ReplyDelete