Monday, May 11, 2009

Spring Break Part 3, Interlaken, Switzerland





First of all, let me say that I LOVE Switzerland! The views are AWESOME!

Liz, Belle, and I met up for a few days in Interlaken, right in the middle of the Swiss Alps. This city isn't for the typical tourist...it's for the adventurous! Liz and I did just that! the first day, we both got inrather later in the afternoon since it was a pretty long train ride. We walked around for a bit, grabbed some dinner, and hung out at the hostel.

The next morning, early, we went a bit outside of the city, up the side of a mountain, and hikes around for a bit..it was rainy/snowy but it was absolutely beautiful none the less. The views form up there were fantastic!

Later that day, Liz and I had a crazy idea...why not go white water rafting! It was terrifying, but SO much fun...the river flowed in the mountains, and with class 3 and 4 rapids. It was such a thrill...I managed to stay afloat..barely! Right in the middle of the trip, it started pouring rain..and since the water is already freezing (because its coming from the snow melting at the top of the alps) it was def. a good thing that we had a ton of layers of wetsuits. It was for sure worth the freezing temperatures!

Sunday we got up early again, and decided to go on a real hike. We hiked the Harder Kulm mountain, about a 3 hour hike, and man! was the view wonderful! I defininatly payed for the work though, and all the next week my body was super sore, again, the experience...just being outside and in the sun, was worth it.

I hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day!


gros bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment